segunda-feira, 2 de janeiro de 2017

"Coração Leviano", by Paulinho da Viola in English

Firstly, I would like to wish everyone a great year, filled with love, joy, good health, dreams and hope. My life has been busy and this is why I haven´t posted lately. These past days, some sambas have been stuck in my head, so I´ve decided to post this freshly baked translation from one of the most famous songs by Paulinho da Viola, "Coração Leviano". The song visits the common theme of heartbreak or even unrequited love. I hope you guys enjoy it and may your new year be free from corações levianos. :^D

Coração Leviano
Paulinho da Viola

Trama em segredo teus planos
Parte sem dizer adeus
Nem lembra dos meus desenganos
Fere quem tudo perdeu

Ah coração leviano não sabe o que fez do meu
Ah coração leviano não sabe o que fez do meu (mas trama)

Este pobre navegante
Meu coração amante
Enfrentou a tempestade
No mar da paixão e da loucura
Fruto da minha aventura
Em busca da felicidade

Ah coração teu engano
Foi esperar por um bem
De um coração leviano
Que nunca será de ninguém


Frivolous Heart
Paulinho da Viola
English lyrics by Rita Cammarota

You plot your secret mischief,
And leave without bidding goodbye,
You don´t remember I grieved,
You hurt me, and did not look behind

Oh, that frivolous heart won´t mind what it´s done to mine,
Oh, that frivolous heart won´t mind what it´s done to mine,

This poor sailor in my chest
The heart I carry within,
Has faced a heavy tempest
In a madness passion ship
Hoping for a good destiny
In its search for happiness

Oh, naïve heart, you were wrong
To have expected some love
From a frivolous heart,
That will never belong to someone

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Licença Creative Commons
Este obra de Rita Cammarota, foi licenciado sob uma Licença Creative Commons Atribuição-Uso não-comercial-Vedada a criação de obras derivadas 3.0 Unported.